Friday, December 13, 2013

A Mobile Command Center in GREEN?

In the interest of keeping myself posting (which I don't do as often as I should), I am going to try to write smaller pieces more often, with a couple pics of something interesting or fun.

Today, I have pics I took from a photo transparency that I picked up earlier this year. The transparency was for a large presentation painting showing the Mobile Command Center, but in a more standard shade of "VAMP" green rather than the retail release in desert tan. I had picked this up intending to use it in a future Declassified podcast interview of the MCC's designer, Guy Cassaday, but conflicting schedules and time have kept that off the table for right now. Hopefully revealing these can help push that forward.



It is a beautiful, full color painting, with the AWE Striker shown in the MCC vehicle bay. I don't have any date or information to place this in the development timeline, but since the MCC shown is basically identical to the final release, we can assume this was done after the design was finalized and maybe after the prototype was built. Perhaps a glorified color study? Or maybe the original intention was to release the MCC in standard GI Joe green? As I said, I don't have any concrete information yet, but the art is stunning. I was able to pull the image using a small light table and my camera, then messing with the colors a bit. It isn't perfect, but it came out looking pretty good.

Special thanks to Declassified's Gary Head and Travis Anderson for helping me out with the watermark (maybe now that I have one, I will share more things like this).






1 comment:

  1. Don't make me cry, Kevin. THIS is what should have come out in 2003.

    ReplyDelete